ALR membership for 2018 – 2019 is 2,307. Total Chapters stand at 163. Currently, forty-two (42) Chapters have not paid per-capita dues as of this report date of 1/11/18. After February 1st, Chapters will be considered delinquent and must pay dues to get reinstated.
An update of the ALR annual ride is Post 273 Bloomsburg will be our base camp. The ride will be held May 17 – 20, 2018. Two days of rides and events are still in the planning stage. Again, President Tom Ross informed the ALR program committee he will be requesting support from Posts throughout the state and will be sending letters in the immediate future.
Events statewide since September 2017 DEC:
- Honor Bus escort
- Philadelphia Veterans Day Parade in which Department Commander Paul Kennedy took part in
- Holiday Hope Drive to provide families Thanksgiving Day meals
- Several toy drives for children’s’ Christmas
- Christmas bags delivered to veterans in nursing homes
- ALR supported Marines Toys for Tots program
- The annual Holiday Tour by Department Commander Paul Kennedy and Auxiliary President Mary Greiman was attended by ALR statewide in all the tour locations
- Wreaths Across America were well attended and supported statewide
- President Tom Ross stated rides throughout the state are being planned AND Spring is ONLY ABOUT sixty (60) days away.
- For the 100th anniversary, the ALR is planning a spectacular flag display to kick off the convention parade in Harrisburg